[NOT A BUG] Hard crash when a category node is set to have a page node as parent

Brettflan

New Member
I have a page node which I use to display specific categories which are not shown on the standard forum index. To have navigation line up properly with the breadcrumb trail being correct, I like to have the page node set as the parent node of those categories. However, when I set a page node as parent node to a category, I get a white page with this error on the frontend:
Code:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined method XF\Entity\Node::setTlgGroupEntity() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Repository/Group.php on line 136

    Truonglv\Groups\Repository\Group->loadGroupsForNodes() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 26
    Truonglv\Groups\XF\Repository\Node->loadNodeTypeDataForNodes() in src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php at line 227
    XF\Navigation\NodeType::loadPendingNodeData() in src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php at line 115
    XF\Navigation\NodeType::displayNodeExtended() in internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php at line 371
    XF\Pub\App->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 6649
    XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 560
    XF\Pub\App->getNavigation() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 513
    XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml() in src/XF/App.php at line 1995
    XF\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 402
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 58
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
With the social groups addon disabled, I don't receive any error with that configuration.

This is with Social Groups 2.1.4 in XenForo v2.1.6 Patch 1.
 
Last edited:

Brettflan

New Member
Hmm, I've now tried to trigger this error again to provide a step-by-step way for you to reproduce it, and am unable to get it to trigger again. I now have categories set to have a page node as parent and hidden from the standard node list, with no error.
Possibly this is from the upgrade to XenForo 2.1.7, as I can't think of anything else which might have substantially changed since I was getting this error. Whatever the reason, it's not happening any longer, so this report can be closed.
 
Top