Implemented Groups Managment Basic Settings - Limits

eriche

Hello Nobita,

when Setting up your social Groups Plugin for the 1st time, I was asking myselve "where did he hide the new Group Limits Settings"?

You can set all the rights for the Usergroups here
Applications> Group Member Groups>

Only for the new Limits you have to go to
Users - GroupPermissions

So maybe you can add this 2 Settings also to your 1st template if it is not too much work.
Then everything is consistant on 1 page.

Erich

So you mean that you want to have an global option (limit) can quick apply to all usergroups?

Yes, if this also makes sense to you a global Setting makes sense.
But only if it is not too much work - priority very low!

Maybe it also would be the wrong place under

because here you only set permissions for an Administrator (Group creator) and member.

Erich

Maybe it also would be the wrong place under
ericheYeah! It very wrong position if I put there. Because it just for permission of member (in group). So I think move to option as well. And just update permisison on group again.

@Nobita
the implementation was perfect, in Version 2.2.1a you could set the Limits to each usergroup!
This was 100% the way we want this.

So maybe you can add this 2 Settings also to your 1st template if it is not too much work.
Then everything is consistant on 1 page.

I was just giving the advice to implement a global Setting for changing the Default Limits after Installation.
So lets say you set this to 5.

Then all the users in all usergroups can create 5 Groups.

But when saying "unregistered Group" the Limit is 0 - then this should overwrite the Default.

In Version 2.2.2 you can not exclude Usergroups from creating "social Groups" nor you cant Change the Limits according to the Group :(

PLEASE undo this, or bring back the Limits to the Usergroup permissions again.

Thanks

Erich

@Nobita
the implementation was perfect, in Version 2.2.1a you could set the Limits to each usergroup!
This was 100% the way we want this.

I was just giving the advice to implement a global Setting for changing the Default Limits after Installation.
So lets say you set this to 5.

Then all the users in all usergroups can create 5 Groups.

But when saying "unregistered Group" the Limit is 0 - then this should overwrite the Default.

In Version 2.2.2 you can not exclude Usergroups from creating "social Groups" nor you cant Change the Limits according to the Group :(

PLEASE undo this, or bring back the Limits to the Usergroup permissions again.

Thanks

Erich
eriche
Let me test this one.

I think you are not understand how XenForo permission work. If you have permisison limit create groups, you have 2 states: Limit by number (Zero and great than Zero), Unlimited. So the global value did not help at this time. You should know about that. So I no change the same features too much time.

@Nobita - I only want the best for your plugin - we all are testing hard and giving you feedback to fix bugs and make it better.
So if you tell me that now we didn`t loose the chance for setting up limits to usergroups then I am fine - otherwise we have now a global setting and can not fine tune it for additional groups.

Talk to you later

Erich

@Nobita - I only want the best for your plugin - we all are testing hard and giving you feedback to fix bugs and make it better.
So if you tell me that now we didn`t loose the chance for setting up limits to usergroups then I am fine - otherwise we have now a global setting and can not fine tune it for additional groups.

Talk to you later

Erich
ericheIm know that. But i have explain above. You should know about basic logic for thos problem!

You are right, Erich. So far, this is the best group addon I have used so far. :)
So please lets be all patient while Nobita is looking into it. :p

Back