[FIXED] Group Nodes Only Visible Using Sort Functionality (Admin)

MarenLBC

I cannot manage the Nodes created in Social Groups in the Admin Panel.

This is what I see in the backend under Group Nodes:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.25.25 PM.webp

When I look at the System Nodes it shows:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.26.07 PM.webp

But when I click "Sort" I can see them under User Communities.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.26.24 PM.webp
Thanks Truonglv

I was wondering about this as well. My existing root Group discussion forum is still listed under "System nodes", but none of the children of it (the group discussion nodes actually created by this addon) are showing up any longer. Except under "Sort". And of course there is nothing listed under "Group nodes", like his screenshot above, except through "Sort" there, too.

I tried refreshing a few caches and even re-saving the Group Options for the Social Groups addon, but that made no difference.

Truonglv
For me this isn't fixed in v3.3.4. The "Group nodes" page remains empty, and those group discussion forums are also still not showing up on the main "System nodes" page either. All of them do still show up in the "Sort" dialogs, and over on the "Node permissions" page though.
I even went through several cache rebuilds with no change.

Is there something else I should try?

It's not great being unable to access the settings for those nodes due to them not currently being listed in that section of the admin panel.

Truonglv
For me this isn't fixed in v3.3.4. The "Group nodes" page remains empty, and those group discussion forums are also still not showing up on the main "System nodes" page either. All of them do still show up in the "Sort" dialogs, and over on the "Node permissions" page though.
I even went through several cache rebuilds with no change.

Is there something else I should try?

It's not great being unable to access the settings for those nodes due to them not currently being listed in that section of the admin panel.
BrettflanWhat's level of archive group node? Does it root node?

I think much of the problem is targeted at the fact that they use the term "archived nodes" - which to any admin with more than 30 minute experience means that it is an "archival" node.

Create a category via the normal Nodes routine in the ACP.
Then, in the Groups add-on set it to point at that category (which you should have set as to not be displayed in the node list)Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 2.54.02 PM.webp

Once you do that, they should show up as needed/created.
The instructions that are given are rather (to put it bluntly) crappy when it coms down to it. I took me several hours of playing around to figure out what the issue was.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 2.56.41 PM.webp

No matter what else I tried it never worked... this was the ONLY way I could get it to create groups in an appropriate hidden area.

Last edited:
Back