No Thanks Group Location

Dadparvar

Hi,

As you added location for events, it would be awesome to add also location for groups. Groups may be created by real group of people that have a place to get together. Or companies or firms are the owners of groups.

So in these cases, definitely a location would be something really useful.

(If you decided to add it, please add like what you are going to change the location part of events. I mean be able to pin a place on the map manually, instead of putting address in a field. Which I explained why, in the thread about location for events)

Thanks

Today's update completed the map and location for events. With ability to pin exact location.

Would be nice if now you also add it to groups info too. Everything is ready ;)

"optional" yes. Most social groups are not bound to a location but just the internet.

I don't think it is useful for us. Like FB and Google Plus. They don't want have an location for that. But events it is very needed. If you build the real groups so that is needed just for you.

FreelancerOptions. I really don't like that. Some features make into core that maybe make more bugs or take add-on slow. Then really consider add feature which almost users want it.

If you build the real groups so that is needed just for you.
NobitaWell, in our case, its normal that users create real groups. Because our site is not limited to internet and it mostly is depend on the real world. The subject is law and members are all students of law, lawyers, judges and so. and Groups are mostly from real discussion groups or firms and institutes.

(if its not going to be implemented, and you suggest me to have it as a custom field, I wish it was possible to have a custom field of map :D)

View previous replies…
Well. We have custom fields for groups. Why not using it. Similar to XF custom fields. You also using PHP callbacks as well.
NobitaBut I'm not sure if its possible to use php callback of custom field to add a map exactly like event's map that people can pin the location on it. Is it now possible? if yes, how should I set the field? o_O

If it can be done using custom fields, then its really not needed to add additional feature. Easily we will add a new custom field.

Back