Give the admin more control over new group forum defaults & what is presented when creating a forum

RobinHood

When a new group admin creates a group, they can create a new forum and are presented with this:

upload_2017-5-3_16-42-46.webp

As an admin, you should be able to choose the default for the options in the red box, and also be able to choose if they're visible or not to the group admin when the forum is created.

On my site, I would like to define the defaults for these and then have them hidden from the group admins at the point of the forum creation.

This simplifies the creation of new forum nodes and makes it less confusing for new group admins that can't understand what these three settings are.

Plus it means I know that group admins are not accidentally selecting the 'New Messages' or 'None' option by default for new groups.

New messages could end up sending a huge number of emails, causing server issues if it's a busy group.
None could mean the group ends up getting no traffic because no one is getting alerts.

That's where it's helpful for the site admin to choose these defaults.

They can still be edited manually at a later date if the group admin selects 'Edit forum' from within that forum.

Back