[FIXED] Forum Settings

chernabog

You are able to choose two forum styles for your groups one with "full forum and/or edit options" and one "Simple Forum with predefined edit options." I have noticed if I do full forum, that works and every available forum option setting shows. However, if I do like in the SS below a simple forum with predefined options upon forum creation from within the groups NO options display at all. This seems to be a minor bug (?)

sg_forum.webp

Can you capture the image of issue?

Can you capture the image of issue?
truonglv
I'm not sure. I can try.. a server error does not appear.. it simply does not allow you to select what options are available as it displays. You have two options, as you know, full forum or simple forum. No matter what is ticked off under simple forum it creates a forum with non of the options selected. I am not sure exactly how best to showcase that to you. If I select simple forum, but tick off polls to allow poll creation in the simple forum - it does not provide an option for polls... may be the best way to say it.

I'm not sure. I can try.. a server error does not appear.. it simply does not allow you to select what options are available as it displays. You have two options, as you know, full forum or simple forum. No matter what is ticked off under simple forum it creates a forum with non of the options selected. I am not sure exactly how best to showcase that to you. If I select simple forum, but tick off polls to allow poll creation in the simple forum - it does not provide an option for polls... may be the best way to say it.
chernabogPlease capture the issue.

Please capture the issue.
truonglv
I will try. There really isn't much to capture, other than no choices, but I will get some screenshots and send them your way.

In the interim, this error popped up today:

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Entity/Forum.php:30

Generated by: chernabog Sep 24, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Entity/Forum.php(30): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/usr/www/ultima...', 30, Array)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Behavior/Activity.php(51): Truonglv\Groups\XF\Entity\Forum::Truonglv\Groups\XF\Entity\{closure}(Object(DBTech\TweetPoster\XF\Entity\Forum))
#2 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Behavior/Activity.php(24): Truonglv\Groups\Behavior\Activity->getGroupId()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1162): Truonglv\Groups\Behavior\Activity->postSave()
#4 src/XF/Job/Forum.php(28): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): XF\Job\Forum->rebuildById(90)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(7.9999988079071)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(103): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#9 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'tools', Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(113) "https://titanx.games/admin.php?tools/run-job&only_id=301&_xfRedirect=%2Fadmin.php%3Ftools%2Frebuild%26success%3D1"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(54) "https://titanx.games/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(3) "301"
  }
}

It seems like it is looking for a forum perhaps that was there with the XF1 version but does not exist. I have checked the only group we have and the only forum attached to that does exist and does not seem related to this error.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.49.32 PM.webpScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.51.20 PM.webpScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.52.24 PM.webp

These are the images. I also notice that while you can type in the "start a thread" field ...you cannot actually create a thread. There is no option for it or button for it.

Maybe the screen shots will help. How is development going with this add-on? Is it still being actively developed?

Thanks!

View attachment 2652View attachment 2653View attachment 2654

These are the images. I also notice that while you can type in the "start a thread" field ...you cannot actually create a thread. There is no option for it or button for it.

Maybe the screen shots will help. How is development going with this add-on? Is it still being actively developed?

Thanks!
chernabogYou may not understand this case. Simple form which all inputs will hidden to users with values predefined in ACP. It's work as expected here.

Yes with predefined options....you cannot start a post with a POLL, yet poll is checked as pre-defined. Now if I do full forum add or edit, they get everything possible.

However you may have missed the biggest issue since the upgrade... you cannot create new threads there is no option or button to start a thread.

If you type into quick start NOTHING happens, no entry window opens, etc.

Yes with predefined options....you cannot start a post with a POLL, yet poll is checked as pre-defined. Now if I do full forum add or edit, they get everything possible.

However you may have missed the biggest issue since the upgrade... you cannot create new threads there is no option or button to start a thread.

If you type into quick start NOTHING happens, no entry window opens, etc.
chernabogPoll is currently not support in this add-on. Anyway this is an issue with poll thread.

Back