[FIXED] Error when trying to Join group

Brettflan

This error happens when I click "Join group" in 3.1.4, and then confirm on the popup dialog.

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'bool' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Service/Group/Joiner.php at line 29
  1. Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 346
  2. Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
  3. spl_autoload_call()
  4. class_exists() in src/XF/Container.php at line 263
  5. XF\Container->createObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1702
  6. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 230
  7. XF\Container->create() in src/XF/App.php at line 3011
  8. XF\App->service() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 788
  9. XF\Mvc\Controller->service() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 1075
  10. Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->actionJoin() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2345
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 512
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Just to add, I then tried inviting that same account to the same group (using another account that is admin of the group), and was able to accept the invitation and join the group that way.

What your PHP version? I guess it's lower than php 7.2

Will an update be released with this fixed some time soon? I can't currently upgrade PHP on the server in question, and I've been hoping to be able to safely update this addon on our forums.

Back