[NOT A BUG] Closed Group can't be shared FB

TD Perry

Even though it is a closed group, since you can see it on the website itself you should also be able to share that closed group in via a FB share (specifically on a FB Page), and if users wanted to join they could join the site and then request access.
This is what I get when I try to share one of my groups on my websites FB page.

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 8.57.00 PM.webp

Sorry... I have to disagree... you should be able to show the landing page of ANY group... whether closed or open. Once the user(s) land there when given a link to a landing page for the group.. they can join and ask for acceptance into that group.
As it is... a simple visitor to the site can STILL see the closed groups.. they simply can't be active in them... this is from a not logged in guest visitor to my site.... and EVERY one of these groups is a closed forum.

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.59.04 AM.webp

There should be the ability to share THIS information via social media and such...nobody is asking for the keys to the kingdom... simply linking to the closed group which is ALREADY visible as a guest should suffice, and if the visitor wants to join the group... they can join the site and then the group itself.

The very "proof in the pudding" is as a guest visitor... you go to that closed group you see this:

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 4.05.54 AM.webp

So at least the SAME basic information should be able to be shared to social media.
So please excuse me if I don't buy your explanation. The data is ALREADY there for visitors to the site itself... so it should be NO issue with sharing that same data.

Last edited:
Sorry... I have to disagree... you should be able to show the landing page of ANY group... whether closed or open. Once the user(s) land there when given a link to a landing page for the group.. they can join and ask for acceptance into that group.
As it is... a simple visitor to the site can STILL see the closed groups.. they simply can't be active in them... this is from a not logged in guest visitor to my site.... and EVERY one of these groups is a closed forum.

View attachment 5794

There should be the ability to share THIS information via social media and such...nobody is asking for the keys to the kingdom... simply linking to the closed group which is ALREADY visible as a guest should suffice, and if the visitor wants to join the group... they can join the site and then the group itself.

The very "proof in the pudding" is as a guest visitor... you go to that closed group you see this:

View attachment 5795

So at least the SAME basic information should be able to be shared to social media.
So please excuse me if I don't buy your explanation. The data is ALREADY there for visitors to the site itself... so it should be NO issue with sharing that same data.
TD PerryDid you use guest user can see group content? FB bot is a guest visitor on your site.

Did you use guest user can see group content? FB bot is a guest visitor on your site.
TruonglvSee above last image... that is exactly what a guest user sees on when going to that group landing page.... it's a closed group (as shown in the image). If a guest can see it when they visit (not logged into the system) then that same link/info should be able to be shared to it via FB/Twitter.

The images above are as a guest user...
The image that I reflected in my original post is a share to FB and does NOT reflect what a valid guest user to the site sees (as reflected in the latest images provided).
So... they are NOT the same.

The images above are as a guest user...
The image that I reflected in my original post is a share to FB and does NOT reflect what a valid guest user to the site sees (as reflected in the latest images provided).
So... they are NOT the same.
TD Perrywhat is your forums?

Back