Fixed 2.7.7 Group Rules do not update

Freelancer

When I rebuild the groups cache, the default rules are not written into the groups' rule pages. This should be an explicit function ("Replace Rules with Default Rules") because this is essential for board maintenance and provides legal security for board owners. As a board owner I need to be able to force my rules into the social groups any time they change or I want to override the groups' rules.

It is not really an issue. Default rule only apply if your group don't have one. Otherwise you must recognize the owner group rules.

No... the contrary is the case: the group owner must recognize the Board Owner's rules... so an option to replace groups rules by the default rules is legally necessary. Otherwise the group owner can just go rogue and write whatever he wants. Then I have to remove the permission that they can write their own rules, then the feature is pointless.

No... the contrary is the case: the group owner must recognize the Board Owner's rules... so an option to replace groups rules by the default rules is legally necessary. Otherwise the group owner can just go rogue and write whatever he wants. Then I have to remove the permission that they can write their own rules, then the feature is pointless.
FreelancerSo whenever you run rebuild groups the default rules replace to current group rules? Does not need an option?

Ah, I misunderstood.

I would say: As as long as there is no custom group rules in the group created, The "rebuild groups" cache operation should replace the the group rules with the default one.

But it would be also necessary to force the default rules upon each group – even if there are custom rules.

Maybe a checkmark in the "rebuild groups" cache page that has the option "force group rules" ?

Or a checkmark on the ACP options page where you define the default rules with "force group rules". Then you can select if you just update the rules for new group creation or force the rules update for all existing groups.

Added an option before rebuilding groups.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 7.54.44 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 7.54.44 PM.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 67
Back