Implemented v2.2.3 Linking discussion Forums

eriche

I realy had a sleepless night :oops:

Please can anybody explain me, why in version 2.2.3 the group creator has to link the discussion forum by himself ??

I understand that the forum administrator in the ACP can decide which category has wich discussion forum (in v2.2.2 you also had to set the default forum used for group creation and discussion), but I don`t get the idea why the group creator can link his group forum :eek:

Every feature a group creator has to know, makes the life harder for him!
@Nobita I would love that you implement new features with a switch in ACP.
I don`t want to give the group creator the power to choose on his own a forum to link with!

Give me please 1 example why a group creator should change the link to the discussion forum?
I am sure many misstakes will occur :rolleyes:
Group creators will unlink their group forum and then they will ask me questions why their internal discussion forum is gone,...

:( Erich

yes I know you have ;)

But please explain me why the group creator should want to change (link) the discussion forum?
This is the point I simply don`t understand - sorry
:rolleyes:
Nobody wants to loose the threads, or the conversation,...

I would love to get a permission "Allow Linking of forums" Yes - No
When yes everything is like now (v2.2.3).
When No - everything is like in v2.2.2 (you don`t see the Linking button, and the default forum is taken from the settings in ACP like it was).

The idea to link a discussion forum for each category is good - I like this.
But I don`t like if group creators have to link it - I as administrator want to set the default link in the ACP for each category :)

Erich

Last edited:
Yeah! No need permission. So per category setting is fine.

Back