User Group promotion from Member Role not removed

Freelancer

When I promote a user to a member role that adds the user to a certain user group, it is not removed when I demote the user later again.

For example: Promote Group User to "Admin" and it adds the user to the User Group "Group Admins"... later I demoted that group user to "Group Member" again but he still stays in the secondary user group "Group Admins"...

I tried everything like running cache rebuilds etc... nothing works...

It's as designed. Example you have to be Admin of group A so have user group A. Also you are admin of group B too. When you be demoted from group A, the user group still remain cause that you are admin of group B. Also maybe you have another add-on which promote user to Admin this add-on will not remove complete to prevent conflict.

Hmmm.... normally there would be a cron task that checks if the user is still in a role that makes him a user of the according user group. And if not he could be removed from the group.

Hmmm.... normally there would be a cron task that checks if the user is still in a role that makes him a user of the according user group. And if not he could be removed from the group.
FreelancerAs i replied above. They can be promoted through many ways. So it's safe to leave XenForo itself check it.

Back