How to remove group forums from homepage node list?

luke247

When I create a discussion forum in a group it also shows up on my homepage node list. I don't want these forums to show on my homepage, only in the group. How do I accomplish this, please?

It is NOT very user friendly. If you haven't figured out by now how to, update this post and I will see if I can walk you through it in a logical manner that the "instructions" lack.

I WILL give you a hint... archive does NOT mean what MOST IT industry people assume as it's used in this add-on.

That's a normal behavior for XenForo. Even if you have the category to not show on the index, once a user knows the path, if they have permissions to access that area, they can simply use the URL to access it.

The only way to get around that would be by revoking the view permissions.... and that requires at a user group or actual users level, which could get rather "fun" in keeping up with programatically. I am not particularly crazy about the add-on creating new ACP groups for each "social group" that is created, then trying to keep up with adding users in/removing them as time progresses.

Back