Implemented Create Forum for Group

It should be OPTIONAL that the forum is deleted if the group is deleted. Just in case, so the forum is not deleted by accident.

Also important that the forum can have subforums that can be added later in time.

It should be OPTIONAL that the forum is deleted if the group is deleted. Just in case, so the forum is not deleted by accident.

Also important that the forum can have subforums that can be added later in time.
FreelancerWhy would you need sub-forums for a forum created specifically for a group? Doesn't that stray away from the purpose of the group mod itself?

Why would you need sub-forums for a forum created specifically for a group? Doesn't that stray away from the purpose of the group mod itself?
zoldosWithout this feature this social group will be useless for mobile app, or at least it will be hard to access groups forums/threads at mobile app. But if every group has their own sub forum then it will be easier to manage and all the groups forums/threads will be easy to access from mobile app. For me, that is the reason.

While mobile app for forum will be more popular now on, IMO this feature will give great benefits.

The ability to associate / create a forum (node) shall only guarantee that child nodes can be added afterwards. Just as it is now but with the difference that the parent node is created automatically with the group and it is set to private by default for group members. Anything else would strip off standard functionality.

This is a really useful and perfect suggestion.
I wish it was possible to let group owners to create their own forums and also prefixes. (of course an archive of all of their thread could be set to be recorded into a node, but the main goal that we are looking for is to let them create their own dedicated forums and prefixes)
We have a legal forum where there are lots of different fields in law. We created and support some of those fields (+200). But we can't cover all of them in main forums. So we want to let user create their own groups and then have their special forums in their groups and also be able to create their own prefixes for threads.

This is a really useful and perfect suggestion.
I wish it was possible to let group owners to create their own forums and also prefixes. (of course an archive of all of their thread could be set to be recorded into a node, but the main goal that we are looking for is to let them create their own dedicated forums and prefixes)
We have a legal forum where there are lots of different fields in law. We created and support some of those fields (+200). But we can't cover all of them in main forums. So we want to let user create their own groups and then have their special forums in their groups and also be able to create their own prefixes for threads.
DadparvarYep really want this feature.

For me Nobita groups is not usable until this is implemented. The current implementation of secret groups will always leak private data and allow those who should not see it to see secret content. I reported the first secret data leaking bug over a year ago and even today there still are open bugs related to this issue. This can only be solved by assigning a node and its child nodes to a specific group. This goes for forums, media, resources, etc.

On my big board we also use social groups for staff projects. We cannot have private staff discussions leak because of this problem.

I just change the method which never display threads to somewhere which not belong to groups. Also @alfa1 do you want to testing? At this time, I have @Dadparvar testing on the version 2.4.7

Back