Request group takeover

alfa1

Often a group staff member becomes inactive and then the group is dead forever. For this we need users to have a function to request a group takeover. Here is how it would work:

1. Add an admincp setting 'group takeover is possible X days after staff last post'
  2. usergroup permission: 'can request group takeover'
  3. Add a 'request group takeover' link to the group wheel icon drop down.
  4. The user needs to fill in a field to explain why the group should be taken over and the username of the member who should take over. New group owner should be member of the group and can also be the user who files the request.
  5. The request goes to the moderation queue.
  6. Super moderators or admin can approve or deny.
  7. If approved then then the new group owner will receive an invite to take over the group.

I dont see any benifit for this. Also a little people interesting with it. :)

The benefit is that it solves a big problem with groups. I have hundreds of groups on vbulletin. A big problem is that group leaders become inactive and the group goes dead. This suggestion resolves it, because it lets others take over dead groups.

This is a very good idea and yes i think this makes sense to add it especially on big groups who all of a sudden became inactive. :)

Let's say you have a very active group and of course it will have an admin. Let's say the admin died today so no one will moderate the group.
Some member wants to overtake the group since the admin will not be there anymore. They will submit a request / form from the group to overtake from the group settings. The request will go under que or will receive by the Super Administrators to see if they will grant the request to transer the ownership to the requesting member. If this was approved, then the requesting member will be the new group admin.

Let's say you have a very active group and of course it will have an admin. Let's say the admin died today so no one will moderate the group.
Some member wants to overtake the group since the admin will not be there anymore. They will submit a request / form from the group to overtake from the group settings. The request will go under que or will receive by the Super Administrators to see if they will grant the request to transer the ownership to the requesting member. If this was approved, then the requesting member will be the new group admin.
RvGOkey. Good explain and example. :)

Yes I like too Alfa1 Suggestion.

It will happen that the Group Administrator get inactive.
If he has NO co-Administrator, the Group is dead (when it is a closed, Invite only one).
So it should be possible for Group members to ask Moderators for Group Takeover (moderated).

But please make this configurable in the ACP.
Not all Group Plugin members will use this.
It is always good to make new Features configurable - then the Forum Administrator can choose if he enables the Feature, or not.

Erich

Back