Quality Rewrite

alfa1

@Nobita You have been adding a lot of different features to the foundation of Social Groups and implemented many changes over the years. Its really amazing.
There were 102 updates in the last 2 years. Thousands of bug fixes. Often there is a new bug fix release every week.

I am interested to use this addon on my big board, but if bugs keep coming then what will happen when my 4 million readers try it?

I would very much would like to see Social Groups reach the point where not many bug fixes are needed.
Please consider to do a rewrite to increase quality and performance.

I would like to see version 2.6 as a real stable one. Adding features should be on hold and instead the bugs should be thoroughly exterminated.

As I see somehow what Nobita is doing, I hope to see the 2.6 both together.
I mean the features that he is working on it right now for 2.59 and 2.6 + what @alfa1 said, the stability.

I think 2.6 can be a perfect restart point to have a revolution on this add-on. In a way that Both @alfa1 and @Freelancer be able to run this awesome add-on in their site.

Once again I say thanks to Nobita and will always be waiting for great steps for this perfect add-on.

You can have new features OR stability. Not both.

You can have new features OR stability. Not both.
alfa1That is mine answer as well. You ask me implements much more features and ask me make stability. Oops. It is could not be. As XenForo has 3 devs but still make more bugs when each version released. While I am just ONE :D

That is mine answer as well. You ask me implements much more features and ask me make stability. Oops. It is could not be. As XenForo has 3 devs but still make more bugs when each version released. While I am just ONE :D
Nobita:D
That's right.
So, you can focus on new features for 2.5.9 (as you are doing it right now until next 2 or 3 weeks) and then for 2.6 focus on stability. So, as I said before, 2.6 will become a restart or revolution and will be the most stable version.

(after 2.6, that will become a absolutely real stable version, you can again focus on new features then.) :Beinak:

I always prefer stability and bug-free over features. The add-on is feature rich, now it's time that those features actually work stable.

I would also recommend that the CSS (layout) stays as it is now. I invested like weeks to have it tweaked my way. Please focus on bug fixes only.

I would also recommend that the CSS (layout) stays as it is now. I invested like weeks to have it tweaked my way. Please focus on bug fixes only.
FreelancerI did not plan to change the layout again :)

Back