Implemented Please add a dedicated 'Join Group' button to all group cards on Group index

RobinHood

It's not great UI to hide the 'Join Group' button away behind the '...' menu.

To a new user, they don't know what's hidden behind there and on many groups it's actually very difficult to see that menu due to the image used, for example:

upload_2017-5-2_14-30-6.webp

Please add a dedicated 'Join Group' button in the bottom half somewhere.

A user should not have to hunt around for this.

I had trouble with this myself when first testing the group on this website.

It was incredibly frustrating not being able to figure out how to join a group, I'm sure other users have experienced the same.

It should be easy peasy:

upload_2017-5-2_14-31-44.webp

After testing your new version, this is my feedback:

The new 'Join Group' button on hover is interesting, and I do kind of like it, but I don't think it's a good idea.

It's not mobile friendly and defeats the purpose of pulling it out of the '...' menu on desktop, only for it to still be hidden behind the menu on mobile.

ygSJJwG.png

I propose something more like this:

The button is obvious and clear, regardless of device or mouse position and acts as a nice call to action to the user.
I also added the group member count.

SWOH5uU.png

What's funny is I saw this image on the groups description when you released the update and I thought it was your new version, but it looks like you used to have an old version where there was a join button on the bottom, along with the number of members, number of posts and number of views.

It wasn't a bad layout if that's how it used to be a long time ago?

The three icons in the middle with the group stats is nice, I really like that.

Something like that with a 'Join Group' button would be great.

Or just the member icon, with the number of members and the Join Group button.

upload_2017-5-16_18-57-5.webp

Get rid of this section if you need to, it's too small to have a proper description, and if they want t read a description they can click the image and visit the group

upload_2017-5-16_19-1-23.webp

L o L. It is marked from 2.6.6 and i did not change it. So what thing when you did not have permission to join an group. So leave an blank on that place?

Yeah, leaving it blank could work.

Although what situation would there be when you can view the group but you don't have the permission to join it?

Surely if it's open or closed, the button will be there.

And if it's secret you won't see the group anyway.

Is there a situation where you'll see the group but can't join it?

Back