Fixed No Permission for admin

alfa1

Nobita Social Groups 2.5.9f on XF 1.5.10a
Usergroup: administrator with all admin permissions
User Analyze results: all social group permissions are: YES
Member roles: only default settings.
When looking at any group thread I am not a member of: (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

Please advise or fix this issue.

Last edited:
Permissions of user also based on group which you are belong to.

Please explain what needs to be done to give website administrators full access to group content.

Please explain what needs to be done to give website administrators full access to group content.
alfa1In XenForo User Groups Permissions. You might enabled this permission key: 'Bypass all group rules' to get full access.

Correct. The problem is this:
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

Has this been fixed yet?

I no longer use Nobita groups and am looking into an alternative Social Groups solution. But if all major issues are resolved I will try again.

This is the same bug as this one: https://nobita.me/threads/group-admin-has-no-permission-to-post-thread.1161/

Once a new forum is created, due to the way Nobita's groups work, the permission cache needs to be rebuilt. But Nobita Groups does not rebuild the permissions after the forum is created.

The fix is to add this line of code to library\Nobita\Teams\ControllerPublic\Forum.php line number 153
Code:
XenForo_Application::defer('Permission', array(), 'Permission', false, XenForo_Application::$time + 10);

Back