Imported vBulletin 4.2 threads don't have correct user IDs

Cyberclaw

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed the latest version of your Social Groups addon. It is wonderful!

I imported groups from vBulletin 4.2, and it was mostly succesful. However, when I visited the imported threads in the groups' "Archived Forums", every user is listed as a "guest." I looked in the database, and every post is attributed to user ID 0. The names of the users are correct, but not the ID.

Otherwise, everything else imported fine.

How can I import the user IDs in the threads?

Thanks!

Allow me to clarify the situation. I am experienced with forum software and myql databases. I can assure you that I imported everything correctly from vBulletin 4.2 to Xenforo. And everything is working great, with only one exception:

When the group thread posts were imported from vBulletin groups, the user_id was set as 0. Everywhere else, the user_id was imported correctly.

When using your browser-based Social Groups importer, the user_id for most aspects of the groups was imported correctly. The only exception was the groups forum posts, where the user_id was incorrectly imported as 0.

Because the user_id was correctly imported everywhere else, I believe that the Social Groups importer malfunctioned when importing the posts only. Everything else was imported correctly, with the correct user_ids.

Thank you for your help. I can tell that your Social Groups addon is an excellent product, once I get the importation of the user_ids for the posts figured out.

Back