Should group cards change to 2 columns?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if optional

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

alfa1

Read this: https://nobita.me/threads/group-card-banner-display-issues.1677/

To have a group card which can fit a good description, a large JOIN button, member avatars and which will not be cramped, it will need to be wider and less in height.

Example of cramped cards in Nobita groups:
.webp
You cant read anything here.

Example in IPS clubs shows how wider is better:
.webp

This means that for group listing there can only be 2 columns maximum. Please vote if you want this.
@Freelancer @Dadparvar @hollosch @ehd @jOOc @RvG @RobinHood

Unmmm you already can do this.... just change the groups per row style property in ACP appearance

0ACD1CF2-B196-48D8-97F4-067E6CD2FCBA.webp

Unmmm you already can do this.... just change the groups per row style property in ACP appearance
FreelancerI have that set to 2. it always displays 4. I knew it worked before. But it didnt decrease height. So I ended up with massive cards.

I have that set to 2. it always displays 4. I knew it worked before. But it didnt decrease height. So I ended up with massive cards.
alfa1Then it is a bug. I can adjust it. In 2.8.3

I am tired of changing the layout again and again update after update. I fully customized the layout as it should be to my needs. Just make a basic layout where every admin can adjust it to their designs afterwards and do not over complicate it. It’s too much proprietary right now. In fact that whole material design card thing is a forced influence into the overall XenForo Styling and will always keep us busy to adjust.

I found the issue. Was on my site. I now have it set to 2 columns. Its awful. Cards are now 520px high. That is waaay too big.
The page is also much too long now.
Tagline, category, date is still cut off.
Logo is larger than the original picture so logo quality is bad.
That doesn't work.

You would need to adjust the CSS/Style Properties to your own design of course. Nobita cant make a design that fits your style but then does not work on anybody else’s boards...

Back