Not a Bug Cannot move thread out of group forum

arphelior

Note: I'm not fully sure whether this is a bug or not. If this is not a bug, then this thread can be moved to the suggestions subforum :)

On our website, we are using both a forum and a set of groups (much like this website does). As such, we would like to sometimes move a thread from a group to the general forum. However, this is not possible in the newest version (2.5.9d), as the rest of the forums are not listed under the Destination Forum dropdown menu when one attempts to move the thread by marking the tickbox and selecting Move Thread (see screenshot 1 & screenshot 2).

Aside from that, I think the Destination Forum dropdown when one goes into the thread itself and selects the Move Thread option (in the Thread Tools menu), also doesn't seem to be working as intended (see screenshot 3 & screenshot 4).

Last edited:
For some reasons. I won't fix this bug in the feature. Instead of you might use this feature to move thread go to another groups or in same groups.

It is bad performance if you have 100 groups and each groups have 3 forums. Then maybe your site should be down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 9.40.59 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 9.40.59 PM.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 109
Back