Fixed 2.6.6 Secret Groups are now gone entirely

Freelancer

I am the board admin and have the correct rights. But secret groups are now gone and can not be seen by me anymore.

Last edited:
It is weird. I have testing and still working fine :/Can you give more details?

Right now, if you have the following permission...

permission.webp

...and are NOT a member of the group, you see this:
nsg_if_admin_but_can_not_see_group.webp
...if you are a member of the group, you can see it anyway...
nsg_if_member_of_group.webp
How it should be:
  1. The permission "Can View Secret Group" must override not being a member of that group. So that Admins/Mods can see secret groups without being a member of the groups. Same as for "Deleted" and "Moderated" groups. Otherwise users would create secret groups that Admins/Moderators can't even see. (or worse: join). That is dangerous!
  2. The Category Count (for this example "1") should reflect that ACTUAL VISIBLE number of groups. So that groups that the user can't see, are also not counted (for him!). So if he would not be able to see the group, there would have to be "0" groups counted (generally speaking).

First. I know how it is would be.
I am discussion how to know the bug. I have tried but still working fine.

The bug: When I am not in a secret group but have the permission "Can View Secret Groups" I still can not view secret groups.
We can not test it here. We do not have the permissions to make secret groups here.

The bug: When I am not in a secret group but have the permission "Can View Secret Groups" I still can not view secret groups.
We can not test it here. We do not have the permissions to make secret groups here.
FreelancerI need view your site and debug it. Hope that you can help

I recommend you install the latest version here and give users the permission to create secret groups for testing. Since you say it is not a bug you shouldn't be afraid that you lose control over the secret groups.

My system is an enclosed, firewalled system, I won't allow any access of whatsoever. Sorry.

Back